Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Stench

I made the mistake of going to Haret Hreik this afternoon without a gas mask. I got out of the car for a minute to photograph a scene, but it was too sunny, so I had to take a few steps back into the shaded parking lot behind me to take the picture. Another mistake. I can't describe the smell, but I'm pretty sure it was more than just decomposing civilian bodies. It's been an hour and I still feel sick.

I couldn't stick around for too long, and I didn't photograph anything really. I would have liked to photograph the stuffed animals that littered different parts of the neighborhood. It was a terribly graphic reminder of how many children had been killed.

The photo below is the one I decided to post. A banner in Haret Hreik. It's a terrible photo, but zoom in and you'll be able to read the writing on what used to be a wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home